Friday, June 24, 2011

seamstress gone wild

I have been neglecting my blog lately I know. *hangs head in shame* Life has been insane lately making my online & costuming life scattered and fragmented. Not a good combination for coherent and interesting blogging - merh!

Anyway I'm throwing caution to the wind today and starting a new frock to wear to UTR on Sunday!! I do know better than to do these things but I can't help myself! To make things even more crazy I have a packed schedule most of tomorrow so I basically have today to make it. Bring on the padded cell!


I'm making my version of this stripey robe à l'Anglaise from Jefferson in Paris. Isn't it pretty? My fabric is a 1" stripe of olive green and rust. Yum!

Technically this won't be a one day wonder. I have been working on the mock-ups on and off (mostly off) for a couple of weeks now, tweaking my basic pattern a bit to accommodate the stripes and a separately cut bodice (a oppesed to an en fourreau). So today I start at the fabric cutting stage.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment