Tuesday, July 12, 2011

the annual CosCol panic

So I after I sat down and made a list of everything I want/need to make and/or finish for CosCol and looked at the calendar I had a nice little panic attack. Since then I've been trying my best to cross things off that very long list!

First to finish was the Candy Cane dress! Yay something to cross of my list! My dress form Narcissa dosen't do anything for this dress so no more pics until my card party on Saturday.

I'm really happy with the way this came out. It's simple but I like that. Because of the fabric and the color I can easily dress it up (like I will this weekend) or dress it down for more everyday occasions (it looks really cute with my Mela hat). Versatility is a fun thing!

Next up was my Green/Rust Anglaise. It lived up to it's repuation continued to be un-friendly. When I tried it on to mark the hem I discovered that it was on the verge of being too short on the sides without doing anything. (Actually this happened on my Bellini too - Note to self when making a roundgown cut the front panels longer than usual.)

*sigh*

I ended up piecing the front of the hem to fix the length issue. (I love that piecing is period!) It took quite a bit of brain wattage to get the fabric I needed out of the small baggie of scraps I had left from this project. So glad I haden't thrown anything away yet! Luckily I was able to use some of the pieces I had to cut off the back section of the hem to shape it correctly. Whew!


After all that piecing the hem is a bit of a mess up close/underneath (so nobody gets to see it!) but with the "3 foot rule" applied it's fine. Eventually I'll finish the inside with bias tape and add some ribbon or trim to the hem to cover the horizontal piecing seam but that is a project for after CosCol. I have many other time-consuming and more important fish to fry in the next 15 days!

With another dress moved to the "done" list I'm feeling much less panicky and stressed, although I know I can't slow my pace at this point. So I've officially started my pre-CosCol television fast - no more TV until I get home from LA! I miss it already but I get SO much more done without it to distract and waylay me. And with my to-do list I need all the time I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment