Monday, October 24, 2011

MD Ren Faire

I had a lovely day at the Maryland Renaissance Festival last weekend. There was a fair amount of drama and stress getting there (I was seriously thinking about just staying home at one point!) but I had a good time once everyone got there.

Mom and Dad came this year (Dad's first ever Ren Faire) along with my friend Rachel, who is home from England for a few months, in her fun historical Snow White costume. She got a lot of attention and made many little girls happy throughout the day. If you ever want to be treated like a rock star at a Ren Faire dress like a Disney Princess! :> We met up with Isabella and her Mom at the Faire as well and had great fun (as always) doing the Faire together. The day was gorgeous, the perfect weather for Ren Faire - crisp and cool, with a dry ground and blue sky. I was fine temperature-wise in my frock until the end of the day when I was wishing for a muff. :> There weren't many stellar costumes but there were some pretty awesome furs walking around! I love going to a Ren Faire in the Autumn!


I was a good little girl and didn't try to make anything new the week before. I wore my Pink Italian dress yet again and limited myself to two new accessories, a caul/hair net and a drawstring purse. I needed the purse for my new SLR camera (none of my reticules are big enough!) and I thought a thought a new hair net would be fun. I made the net by weaving together about 20 yards of organza ribbon. It turned out to be a much more complicated and time consuming project than I anticipated and I'm not sure how much I really like it in my hair but it was new and shiny!

Umm… so yeah good news is my new camera takes great pics, bad news it takes longer to upload them to Flickr now! :0
more photos @ Flickr

1 comment: